Friday, March 21, 2008

Ammon's 1st (& hopefully last) Surgery

Ammon had a Right Inguinal Hernia repair today. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago maybe...it would come and go, not noticeable every time but after 3 - 4 days it didn't go away. So I decided to take him to the doctor. Of course I was worried that it was cancer or something and I was a horrible mom for not IMMEDIATELY getting him checked out! Well, it was just a hernia...his Pediatrician saw him on Tuesday, we saw the Surgeon on Wednesday, Preop at Cooks Children Hospital on Thursday and finally was at the hospital at 5:30AM this morning! It all worked out exactly as the doctors said it would.....Ammon was very good about the whole thing, didn't have any separation anxiety when he left us (even tho he probably thought we were right behind him) and he even got a vanilla flavored soothie pacifier out of the deal...oh and I'm sure a cool scar he can show off in nursery in about 8 months!
It's 5:30 in the morning! I'm tired but this Vanilla soothie sure does hit the spot! Brave man with not so brave Mommy.
Ugh! In recovery
Awake but still loopy!
Not quite ready to go yet, waiting to see if he can keep down the water he's drinking.
When we got home he was still pretty high. He was pretty shaky on his feet, he couldn't walk and he couldn't even crawl...it was pretty funny actually!! Lots of naps, hugs and kisses and he's pretty much all better now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that everything went well. That had to be very hard for mommy. I know it would be for me. Tell James and Lori congrats for us. And that we are glad that Colton is doing so great.

Anonymous said...

I wish that we had, had those kinds of glasses for Gaige. The ones he had wouldn't stay on and would come down over his nose.

Cassandra said...

Oh! I'm sorry Ammon had to go through surgery already. I'm glad it all worked out okay.

Veronica said...

Oh how scary!!! I would have been a nervous wreck. He is such a cute kid!! When are y'all gonna make another little Filina? Come on, you gotta catch up with us!

Mubeen said...

Aww, sorry to hear about his surgery but so glad he is doing well...and that you are too :-)

Sandy Ballard said...

I glad that he is okay. There is nothing more scary then your child sick or surgery. We love you all and glad everything went well.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, his little face just makes me want to hug him forever!

You're so awesome, Jess!