Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Meal + Sweet and Sour sauce + Infant = Freakin OUT!!

It is so hard to set aside time to blog. I think about blogging just as often as I think about FOOD! Yea, every few minutes. Every tiny detail that happens throughout the day I think OH! I can put that on my blog, QUICK, where's my camera!! But I honestly feel so guilty now when I blog. Ammon is napping right now and I feel that I should be cleaning or washing something right now, but this is much more fun. Luckily Jason is one of those husbands who doesn't really notice how productive I've been around the house. I usually have to ask him if he noticed that the floor was mopped, or that I washed and folded ALL the laundry. He does ask me everyday if I updated our blog. Ammon and I got to go and have lunch with him today at work, so that took up some of my cleaning time.....to bad, my floors could really use a good moppin. Soooooo (switching gears) Grey's Anatomy season premiere is tonight, oh my goodness I'm so pumped!! And The Office also. Maybe Jim and Pam will FINALLY hook up. Television drama is great. hmmmmmmmmm......Isn't it just crazy how worked up people (ME) get about fictional characters and their fictional story lines.

My mom HAD to come stay with me Friday night again because Jason had a camp out. I still have mixed feelings about all this Scout Master stuff. Yep, I'm sure that there are blessing Heavenly Father wants to give us for his volunteering but because of me we are missing out on them, I'm aware and working on it! :) I hate that I am 20freakin7 years old and still cannot stay at home alone through the night. At least this time I didn't make my mom sleep with me. Well honestly, I would have but last time she kept me up all night with her snoring! It was very difficult to fall asleep Friday night because I was scared of every teeny little noise and I missed Jason, I kept the bedside lamp on all night. My nephew, Alan, came with my mother for the night and he kept me on my toes. My house is soooo not child proof. He is 6 yrs old and gets bored after doing something for 5-10 minutes.

On Saturday morning I needed to run some errands, so my mom and Alan went along for the ride. By the time we were finished running around, it was lunch time. Buying a McDonald's Happy Meal for Alan would make me the coolest aunt in the world, for the next 30 min. So that's what we ate. We got it to-go and we let Alan start on his in the car. 9 minutes into my 30 minutes of coolness Alan was enjoying his Micky D's in the back seat and Ammon was gabbing up a storm......Alan said "he is singing up a storm!" My mom started talking about what a happy baby Ammon is so of course this was a conversation I was instantly interested in, about a minute later Alan chimed in with his 2 cents and said "yeah and he loves this sweet and sour sauce." WHAT!!!!!!!! I started fReAkInG out. I reached into the back and started feeling around I checked Ammon's chest to see if he was breathing then moved to his face to see if there was any movement, my fingers crossed his lips (as I was trying not to drive off the road) and as soon as they did he started sucking on my fingers.....whew!! Tragedy averted, my child was not choked to death on a McDonald's French Fry! Sweet & sour sauce was all over Ammon's arms, legs and clothes. Alan was dipping french fries in sweet and sour sauce and putting it to Ammon's mouth "I was giving him little bites of french fries, he liked it" Alan said. I never even thought to explain to him that babies cannot eat the same food we eat. So I explained it to Alan, I said "babies don't eat the food we eat, they only eat milk....special milk." Alan was a little sad at my gentle chastisement, I probably only got a good 13 minutes of coolness out of that Happy Meal. When we got home I heard my mom saying to Alan "your Aunt Jessica is really strict about what she'll let him eat."
"MOM, don't tell him that!"
"Well you are......." Then she whispered to Alan "she is."
My mom is a hoot!! She cracks me up all the time!!

5 comments:

Veronica said...

I feel the same way about staying by myself at night. I always have Leighann come up to stay with me (how sad is that...big sis needing lil sis to protect her). Cody is the scout guy in our ward too and it takes up SOOOO much time!!

Mubeen said...

You are not too strict! You are just being careful! I was just a "psycho" (as people called it) about what Madyson ate when she was that young! I still am!

Jenny said...

I think the most tragic thing might be that the "coolest aunt" business didn't get to last longer. :( We know we all want to be the coolest aunt! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a nut =) No wonder I get along so well with you =) Your mom sounds like a hoot. I would love to meet her one day. That pic of Ammon is TOOOOO cute!!!!
I don't have an account and I am too lazy to make one so for now just call me Anonymous =)

Angela

Anonymous said...

hay girl looks awesome. cool blog have fun the babys are growing fast
see ya
brooke