Sunday, November 4, 2007

Mountain Man breakfast*



















Our ward had a camp out Friday night.We didn't feel it prudent to have a 6 and a half mnth old in 40 degree temperatures over night. So Saturday morning we went out there around 7 for breakfast. Jason is the Scout Master in our ward, so of course he got volunteered to cook. Mountain Man breakfast is what they made, wow it was impressive! Tater tots, eggs,ham and cheese all mixed together. YUMMY!! Cooking wasn't so bad with six dutch ovens. Biscuits and Cinnamon rolls were also on the menu. I was just amazed how much and how well the dutch ovens cooked. I decided a dutch oven is something we neeeeeed. That is what we are getting for Christmas. I am so excited. We love to camp and have not had the chance to go since Ammon is only 6 mnths. I know some of you would probably camp with a young kiddo, but I want him to be able to walk:) Easier on us all! Also camping is so much more fun when you are properly equipped.


We were all cold, but Jason was red faced and sweating from having his face in the fire. Ammon was in a great mood and had a smile for everybody.
OH, and also because I missed out on smores the night before, I had two after I ate breakfast:) There is nothing healthier than to start your day off with chocolate and marshmallows!
Veronica, check out your dad in this pic..... he is so funny!!! LOL

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I wish I could have gone on the camp out! That would have been so fun. Ammon is so dang cute it's almost sickening! You need to just lock him up. I love the picture montage of your dad!! Tell Jason that he looks JUST like the guy from The Office!!!

Veronica said...

Oh, and is that my old man in the back ground of one of your pics?? I miss Billy Glen!!