Thursday, June 12, 2008

Alan's Gone Home

Alan left us on Saturday....yes....it was very sad. Friday I took him to Hurricane Harbor with Amber and Sadie (Alan & Sadie have always had so much fun together...click here!). It was fun!! Not that hot, lines were pretty short... the kids had a blast!
Those that know Alan's story know that he has not had your normal childhood so we really worked hard to give him a taste of what other kids have experienced....campouts, amusement parks, riding his bike to school, birthday parties, the Zoo....these were things that he literally had never experienced. We took him to Disneyland and in preparing him for what lay ahead he let us know that he had no idea who Mickey Mouse was! What kid doesn't know who Mickey Mouse is?!!

Butch & Sundance....I mean Alan & Sadie.....
It's a water park....so this picture in the park is as good as it gets!!
Posing before starting the day!!
Saturday morning before Jason drove him to his mom's house...

3 comments:

Scott Gang said...

It makes me want to cry... You are an AWESOME Aunt and he is so blessed to have you. You have made a huge difference in his life even if you didn't mean too. You and Jason and great examples and people to not only open your home but your hearts to Alan.

Darlene Moore said...

I miss having Alan in my class soooo much! He would come up to me for no real reason and give hugs all the time. Each hug was so special. He just melted my heart. Is it OK to feel a little bit angry at having to give him up?

Veronica said...

Oh that makes me so sad!! I hope he has a good experience with his mom. Y'all have been so sweet to take care of him these last several months. There is a special place in Heaven for people like you!! [SNIFF]