Thursday, June 12, 2008

Lots Going On...

We've been so busy lately...it's really crazy!! We've had so much going on....Jason is getting ready to go to Scout Camp next week, I've been busy with church stuff also, packing up Alan and moving him out. We finally got a deep freeze, not a big one tho...no sense in paying the electricity on a huge freezer when we won't need all the space for quite a few years... Here is the freezer we got.
We got a new dining room table (Thank you Debbie & Barry!!), well it's new to us... has one of those built in flip out leafs...fits us perfectly!!My mom went in for surgery Monday on her knee...this was a long time coming, she had been in pain for months. She had some complications and scared me to death but she seems to be doing better...but now the fun part comes! She's going to recuperate at our house!!
My sister Rita had an accident while swimming and shattered a vertebrae in her neck. Currently she has no feeling from the neck down....please keep both my Mom & Rita in your prayers.

Even tho we've had so much going on we've still found time to do some reading.
Jason just finished this book...
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. Many of you are probably familiar with it....it's such an inspirational book. Jason will read some bits of it to me here and there and it just brings tears to my eyes (and his for that matter). Randy Pausch has terminal Pancreatic Cancer but you'd never know by being around him... One thing he wrote when talking about what he wants his kids to remember about him was unbelievable...His daughter is 18 months and he says..."I'm aware that Chloe may have no memory of me at all. She's too young. But I want her to grow up knowing that I was the first man ever to fall in love with her." Ugggghhhhh, isn't that to much to take! Well you should read the book, it's awesome!

As most of you know, I am not a reader... some people enjoy reading.... I am not one of those people. But if I find a book I like I devour it...I can read it until the lines become blurry and I have to re-read it 5 times to comprehend 1 sentence. Well I'm TOTALLY addicted to Twilight!!
Everybody has told me "you have to read it" ...well I am...I love it... I even went and bought the second book in the series tonight!! Maybe I'll post a review once I'm done....maybe not. Oh, and Ammon found our IPod today...cute!

That's all for now....this post went on for much longer than I had thought!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome table!! I love the freezer too now I will have room to put my food when I come over yea!!!!!

Scott Gang said...

I am glad you finished the 1st book isn't it awesome. Just wait until you read the others. Keep me posted so we can talk about them.

Enoch Photography said...

ok that one sentence brought a tear to my eye. thanks!

Darlene Moore said...

You have my freezer! I have mine stuffed already! I guess I'm gonna have to find a copy of this "Twilight" book and see what everybody is raving about. I'm gonna need something to read on vacation...

Mubeen said...

Welcome to the "Twilight" club!

Sandy Ballard said...

I love Twilight. I have never read a series so fast in my life. Now you get to be with all of us banging at the book store doors when the fourth one comes out.